Training After Illness, Early Season Racing, Training Camps and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 347
Amber Pierce, Alex Wild, Ivy Audrain, and Coach Jonathan go deep on how to come back to training after illness, when you should start adding races to your calendar, how to use early season training camps to boost your fitness and much more. Join us for Episode 347 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Is FTP testing accurate?
- How to pick early season races, when to do them, and how to get the most from them
- Alex’s peaking strategy for the year
- How to use training camps to boost your fitness
- How to return from training after illness
- Aerobic training for anaerobic athletes
- Saddle selection and why it matters
- How to manage carb intake on self-supported rides
Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Successful Athletes Podcast
Science of Getting Faster Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.