Steroids, DIY Cheap Nutrition Products, Inflammation and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 289
SARMS are banned substances surrounded by plenty of confusion, so what do we actually know about them? Tune in for a deep dive into SARMS, DIY nutrition products that are cheap and accessible, and how to reduce inflammation but still prioritize recovery.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- What are SARMS, the side effects, and why are they illegal? 18:09
- How much inflammation is too much and is it necessary to get faster? 39:49
- Are antioxidants and NSAIDS bad for recovery? 50:01
- Should you lick your heart rate strap? 1:10:55
- How to use Plan Builder if you don’t have a race on your calendar? 1:12:47
- Strength training without a gym 1:15:03
- How to identify limiters 1:17:19
- Ultra-distance training with short workouts 1:21:33
- How to train for a Gran Fondo 1:23:37
- DIY cheap nutrition options 1:27:25
- Why we produce mucus when training 1:34:51
- Does blackcurrant make you faster? 1:54:48
Studies and Resources
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.