Race Face adds steel 1x Cinch chainring for Shimano 12 speed drivetrains
Narrow-wide chainrings have forever changed the 1x drivetrain. Being able to ride with confidence that your chain won’t drop without a front derailleur is critical to the success of 1x. But those narrow-wide rings are often pricey, and the light weight aluminum models will eventually wear out. That’s where steel rings come into play. Heavier than aluminum, the rings make up for that added weight with increased durability and a much lower price – like the new Race Face CINCH SHI-12 ring.
Starting with heat-treated chromoly steel, the rings are cold forged into a three dimensional shape for added stiffness. The chromoly steel provides a tooth surface that is highly resistant to wear, and the teeth themselves are optimized for Shimano’s 12 speed chains.
The CINCH direct mount interface of course is meant for Race Face CINCH cranks, and will work with a number of different chainlines with different crank spindle widths.
Offered in 30, 32, and 34t sizes, the ring has a claimed weight of 154g for a 32t, and is priced at just $19.99.
- Made from heat-treated chromoly steel for higher wear resistance
- Cold forming manufacturing process reduces excess material waste
- 3D design improves ring stiffness
- NW tooth profile is optimized for Shimano 12-speed chains, providing secure chain retention
- Customize your SHI -12 speed drivetrain quickly and easily thanks to the CINCH interface
- Accommodates a wide range of chain lines based on spindle width
- Sizes available: 30t, 32t, 34t
- Weight: 154g (32t)
- Price: $19.99 USD / $26.99 CAD