Crank Length, Achieving Mastery, DOMS and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 287
What is the best crank length for cycling and how does it affect your power, how to achieve mastery of cycling skills and is muscle soreness a requirement for effective strength training. All this and more in Episode 287 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- How to know which skills to focus on
- How to achieve mastery of a skill
- How to set effective goals
- Insider tips to getting the most from TrainerRoad
- How to measure your improvement with TrainerRoad
- Is DOMS necessary to get benefit from strength training?
- Does crank length matter?
- What crank length is best?
- How crank length affects your power output
- How to pick the right crank length
- Does mountain biking make you a faster road cyclist?
- How COVID-19 has made us faster cyclists
- Endurance training with limited time
- Saddle bag or no saddle bag?
- How to measure distance for indoor cycling
- Why ramp tests use steps
- Cold weather cycling tips
Studies and Resources
Successful Athletes Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.