Best Cycling Route in Tenerife
Check out the results fast – here are our review winners
Cycling in Tenerife
Every winter, while Northern Europe is in the grip of the big freeze, most of the cycling lovers migrate to The Canary Islands for a seasonal warm-up. It’s where you go to jump-start your fitness regime – or, to be more honest, soak up some winter sun in a café you’ve made an effort to cycle to. That’s the trouble with Tenerife. It’s for dilettantes. It’s too comfy, familiar and well-organized.
What we have done is a guide to a intermediate tour of mount Tiede.
Here is a link to the route
Uphill, but a worthwhile Route
1. La Orotava to Teide National Park
Do you love to cycle around Europe? or maybe gear up for a trip to the canary’s, I’ve put together a Great route to get around most of Tenerife’s challenges, this Route is great to take if your a first time visitor to Tenerife, I loved enjoyed my time here and would absolute recommend to anyone!
Best Cycling Route in Tenerife on any Volcano
Before i started i needed to make sure i had everything i needed for this trip and to take into account the scorching heat the canary islands get year round. I use insulated bottles and freeze one or two the night before. Ride as early in the morning as possible.
I found what i consider some of the best thermal wear that is not to expensive.
The ASNHJH Cycling Jersey Cycling Jersey Suit, its Lightweight and Durable, Full Zipper and 3D Padded Pants and its a Great Design for Cyclists
I wanted Thermal that would last at least the week, can sometimes get cramped in the heat, this one is great, its sleek, and doesn’t look overly stand out.
lets take a look at some of the specifications
- The cycling jersey for men is designed with high quality polyester, which maintains its shape even after repeat washing
- Anti-slip strips on the hem, keep the Biking Shirt Bicycle Clothes in the same position when riding
- 3D-Padded pants allow full range of movement-3D high-elastic &s hock-proof silicone cushion
- 3 Pocket: Classic 3 pockets at the back, easy for holding items
ASNHJH Cycling Jersry Cycling Jersey
Best Bike Rack Bag for London
here are some of the pro’s and con’s
|Excellent for the price!||Limited colour choices|
|Helps againest overheating|
Its uphill from here…
We started our first route from La Ortava, it was early morning, already the heat is heavy, soon as you see mount Tiede, You might think why you are embarking on this route ,but it really is worth it.
One thing i must say is having the correct back pack is very important, I found one on amazon, was great for the uphill strain.
Bicycle CyclAeike 20L/30L Cycling Backpack, Ultralight, lets check out some specs.
- Breathable cycling backpack has enough Internal compartment and pouches to hold your phone,clothes, keys, snacks, wallet, cycling accessories,
- The mesh fabric on the back can improve airflow, achieve maximum ventilation while supporting the back.
- Compatible with the hydration system, with a concealed H2O outlet on the shoulder strap for refilling water
- The reflective strips on the backpack ensure safety when driving at night and are suitable for cycling, camping, mountaineering, hiking, etc..
A bracket that attaches to your bicycle seat post or frame post.
The easy release button and the lock is then usable.
One thing i wasn’t sure of though was the overall weight as a very small amount of reviews online say it can be uncomfortable if not packed correctly, but a refund was not a problem, so that’s reassuring.
Aeike 20L/30L Cycling Backpack
Best Hybrid Bike Cable Lock
|Waterproof||Colors sometime differ from Pictures|
|Well Ventilated||Straps can come loose|
Its all about being prepared…
Both amateurs and professionals fly to Tenerife for Mount Teide’s 15km-wide caldera, where a 2,300m crater wall reveals a Martian dust bowl sprinkled with alien like plants. Across this no-man’s-land runs a pancake flat highway.
This was tough for me in the heat, but soon as we got to the top, its was so worth it, truly breath-taking.
why i love cycling so much, you reward yourself after achieving each goal …the reward always taste nicer.
when your about to embark on the downhill part of this route, your going to need something to record your solid downhill madness, here is one I use myself and definitely recommend here are the pro’s and con’s.
- Awesome as the moments themselves. 8x Sol-Mo Video – With ultra high frame rate 1080p240 video, you can slow things down by up to 8x to relive funny, interesting or epic moments in all.
- Get gimbal-like stabilization—without the gimbal. HERO7 Black predicts your movements and corrects for camera shake to deliver insanely smooth footage.
- Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a scene. Increase the speed up to 30x to turn longer activities into shareable moments.
The Go pro is great for many reasons ,maybe you were in an accident that you could not prove, or for just capturing the best moments while abroad.
a few downside like everything, sometime the manual will not arrive with the go-pro and sometime The camera seems to lock up, but a simple reset fixes that.
GoPro HERO7 Black
Best women’s city bike light
|USB charge||Can come lose|
|4K60 Video AND 12MP Photos|
|Smart light sensor|