A-Event Training, Pregnancy and Cycling, Mid-Ride Nutrition and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 310
Whether it’s elevation, heat, technicality or just an abnormally strong field, going the extra mile to make sure you are ready for your goal event can make a big difference. Tune is as we discuss this, as Amber shared what she is learning about pregnancy and cycling, and as Pete shares tips on mid-ride nutrition in Episode 310 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- Pregnancy and cycling
- How big rides make you faster
- Mid-ride nutrition guidelines from Pete
- How to decide between liquids, gels, and solids
- MTB vs. Road position
- Why seat tube angle is so important for tall riders
- Should you wear gloves when training indoors?
- How to wear your bibs on the indoor trainer
- Individual Leg Drill tips
- Outside Workout tire setup for MTB
- What to expect at the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon
- How to prepare for a goal event with different circumstances than your training
Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Successful Athletes Podcast
Science of Getting Faster Podcast
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.